Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Nellie Leverette Wasilewski Shares The Weakest Link during National Poetry Month!



The Weakest Link 

(A Prayer for Strength)



In the stillness of morning,
I wait in churning anxiety.
I pray The Lord will open
the shutters to my heart and still
its frantic beating.

Oh, that I could be stronger
and wait patiently for God's
answers to prayer.  I pray
to be mired, so deeply, in trust
with him that all doubt is
extirpated.

Condition the channels
of my thinking, oh Lord,
and let me rest on the wings
of peace that you have promised.
Condition my soul to place hope
in you and discard the things
of earth.



Teach me through trust and hope
to wait for your divine guidance.
Give me strength as we forge
an everlasting chain of faith--
a chain as strong as its weakest
link--please God, forgive my
human frailties


--Nellie Leverette Wasilewski


I am a Poet/Writer and live in a small southern town, seventy miles southeast of Nashville, Tennessee with my husband Walter. I retired from the mortgage industry in 2011 and began pursuing my lifelong dream of writing. My writing has been greatly influenced by my faith in Jesus Christ, personal experiences. and nature. I am currently working on daily devotionals. My work has appeared in Haiku Journal, Barefoot Review, Three Line Poetry, Poetry Quarterly, 50 Haikus, Dual Coast Magazine, Romance Magazine, Ruby Magazine, Hedgerow Journal, The Quiet Hour, Tanka Journal , and numerous others.

Used by Permission at Book Readers Heaven...

No comments:

Post a Comment